CA’s representatives visit BUET student Shadid at DMCH 
CA’s representatives visit BUET student Shadid at DMCH 
July Uprising paved way for renewed democratic practice: speakers
July Uprising paved way for renewed democratic practice: speakers
Mirza Fakhrul condemns attacks on Nur, Rashed Khan, others
Mirza Fakhrul condemns attacks on Nur, Rashed Khan, others
5 army personnel injured in Kakrail: ISPR
5 army personnel injured in Kakrail: ISPR
Tarique Rahman pledges enacting appropriate laws against enforced disappearances   
Tarique Rahman pledges enacting appropriate laws against enforced disappearances   
No fertilizer crisis in Bangladesh: Agriculture Secretary
No fertilizer crisis in Bangladesh: Agriculture Secretary
Attempts are being made to create division within anti-fascist unity: Salahuddin
Attempts are being made to create division within anti-fascist unity: Salahuddin
DHAKA, Aug 29, 2025 (BSS) - BNP National Standing Committee member Salahuddin Ahmed today said an attempt is underway to create a rift in the unity formed through the July uprising. "One side or another is trying to create a rift in the unity among anti-fascist democratic political forces," he said as the chief guest at a seminar titled 'Unveiling the Tactics of State-Sponsored Crimes Against Humanity' on the occasion of International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances.  'Mayer Daak', an organization of relatives of the victims of enforced disappearances, organized the seminar at Bangla Academy.  Salahuddin Ahmed said, "We, the political parties, are debating and discussing reforms, but a few parties are creating confusion about the election."  Sharing his experience, he stated, "No new family members of victims of enforced disappearance have joined this meeting today. This is good news. They have expressed hope that future politicians will ensure that no family member of a victim of enforced disappearance ever has to be present at such an event again. This is why we are constantly fighting - the struggle for democracy." "As a political worker, I can tell you that if the people give us a mandate, Inshallah, we will do everything necessary to prevent and eradicate the culture of enforced disappearances, including formulating and implementing laws,” he added.  “We are waiting for a Bangladesh where no one will ever have to stand on the streets as a victim of enforced disappearance," he said. Mentioning that 1,850 people have been victims of enforced disappearance across the country, he said, "This number is still under scrutiny. The number may be slightly more or less at some point. More than 3,000 have been victims of extrajudicial killings. Adding all these, including custodial deaths and political murders, the total number was previously 7,188, and it will now be much higher. The state of Bangladesh has been moving forward in such a horrific situation." The senior BNP leader said, "Those who did such crimes still have no remorse. Far from admitting their crimes, they are instead labelling those who led the mass uprising as criminals. After all this, will the people of Bangladesh ever invite them back into politics? Will the people of Bangladesh ever forgive them? They haven't even asked for forgiveness! We are waiting for a democratic transition in such a situation." Regarding the reform proposals, Salahuddin Ahmed said, "We are all discussing and formulating the reforms of the National Unity Commission, and this kind of environment was unimaginable in Bangladesh's past. All political parties and political-social forces have united, demanding a reform of the state structure. We want to rebuild all democratic institutions, including the Election Commission, the Human Rights Commission, the judiciary, and the parliament, in a strengthened way through reforms, and above all, there will be freedom of the press.”  He also mentioned that the people of Bangladesh have struggled and shed blood for 16 years to exercise their voting rights. "Among many rights, the main demand was to establish the right to vote. When a path has been cleared for the establishment of that right, I urge all political parties not to put any obstacles on this path," he added.  Salahuddin further said, "We will establish a democratic culture through which people will reject the past fascist political culture. If we can maintain good, ideological, political, and democratic practices, all fascist practices and all history of the past will automatically be washed away."
Mass people always change our history: speakers 
Mass people always change our history: speakers 
Mirza Fakhrul for bringing responsible persons for enforced disappearances to justice 
Mirza Fakhrul for bringing responsible persons for enforced disappearances to justice 
Committee formed to review rationality of BSc, diploma engineers' demands
Committee formed to review rationality of BSc, diploma engineers' demands
Probe report in BB reserve heist case on Sept 29
Probe report in BB reserve heist case on Sept 29
Cancer, kidney patients receive govt grants at hospital
Cancer, kidney patients receive govt grants at hospital
Rohingyas ready to go back to Myanmar with due rights: Khalilur Rahman
Rohingyas ready to go back to Myanmar with due rights: Khalilur Rahman
NCT records in container handling
NCT records in container handling
CHATTOGRAM, Aug 29, 2025 (BSS)- Chattogram Dry Dock Limited (CDDL) achieved a new milestone in container handling at the New Mooring Container Terminal (NCT) by surpassing the 5,000 TEUs mark in a single day for the first time.  According to a CDDL press release, a total of 5,019 TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units) were handled in 24-hour period from 8 am Thursday to 8 am Friday. Out of the containers 2,101 TEUs were of imports and 2,918 TEUs were of exports.  In August, container handling at Chattogram Port increased by approximately 40% with an average 3,903 TEUs per day.  Over the course of 28 days, a total of 109,217 TEUs were delivered at berths 2, 3, 4, and 5 under CDDL's management at NCT. CDDL, a subsidiary of the Bangladesh Navy, took over operational management of berths 2, 3, 4, and 5 at NCT on July 7.  Since assuming control, container handling at the terminal has significantly improved. CDDL reported handling of 174,931 TEUs in the first 49 days of operation up to August 25.   The operator attributed the increase in efficiency to streamlined operations at various points within the terminal, including ship hooks, delivery points, appraisal points, C&F sheds, and gates.  Following the expiration of Saif Powertec's contract on July 6, the shipping ministry entrusted CDDL with interim operational responsibility for NCT for a six-month period until a new operator is appointed.
NBR reviews revenue collection progress for July 2025
NBR reviews revenue collection progress for July 2025
French cognac maker Remy Cointreau lowers hit from US tariffs
French cognac maker Remy Cointreau lowers hit from US tariffs
Magura Youth Festival features first aid drill
  • Latest
  • Most Viewed
5 army personnel injured in Kakrail: ISPR
Mirza Fakhrul condemns attacks on Nur, Rashed Khan, others
Coast guard seizes 500 kg of crabs in two operations 
Attempts are being made to create division within anti-fascist unity: Salahuddin
Mass people always change our history: speakers 
Mirza Fakhrul for bringing responsible persons for enforced disappearances to justice 
Jamaat for exemplary punishment to those involve with enforced disappearances 
Tarique Rahman pledges enacting appropriate laws against enforced disappearances   
Shamim Patwari unlikely to play first T20 against Netherlands
We wouldn't be here if we didn't think we could win: Cook
১০
DU central mosque to be rebuilt with Turkish support
DU central mosque to be rebuilt with Turkish support
IUB hosts national round of 16th Henry Dunant Memorial Moot Court Competition
IUB hosts national round of 16th Henry Dunant Memorial Moot Court Competition
JU declares separate residential zones for male, female students ahead of  JUCSU polls
JU declares separate residential zones for male, female students ahead of JUCSU polls
MoU signed between BUP, ICMAB
MoU signed between BUP, ICMAB
Coast guard seizes 500 kg of crabs in two operations 
Coast guard seizes 500 kg of crabs in two operations 
BAGERHAT, Aug 29, 2025 (BSS)  - Coast Guard seized 500 kg of illegal crabs worth about 5.5 lakh taka in two separate operations. The matter was confirmed by Coast Guard West Zone Media Officer Lieutenant Commander Muntasir Ibne Mohsin at 11 pm today.  Acting on a tip-off, a special operation was conducted by Coast Guard Station Rupsha in the area adjacent to Khan Jahan Ali Toll Plaza at 11 pm yesterday Thursday. During the search of a suspicious truck heading from Khulna to Bagerhat in the area, 3 people were arrested along with 300 kg of illegal crabs worth about 3 lakh taka collected from the Sundarbans during the prohibited period. Today, Friday, the seized crabs were released into the Rupsha River in the presence of a Forest Station officer and the arrested persons were released along with the truck on a bond. On the other hand, at 11 am today, Coast Guard Station Dobeki searched 4 suspicious wooden boats during patrolling in the Sundarbans and Pangasia River and seized 200 kg of illegal crabs along with 500 crab fishing rods worth about Tk 2 lakh 20 thousand. All the seized goods including crabs were handed over to Dobeki Forest for further legal action. The Coast Guard will continue such operations in the future to protect forest and marine resources.
Nine cases of dengue, 56 cases of chikungunya reported in last 24 hrs in Ctg   
Nine cases of dengue, 56 cases of chikungunya reported in last 24 hrs in Ctg   
Another suspect in Mahin murder case arrested in Fatikchhari
Another suspect in Mahin murder case arrested in Fatikchhari
1,515 crime suspects arrested in countrywide drive 
1,515 crime suspects arrested in countrywide drive 
Habibur Rahman Siddiquee made new Registrar General of SC
Habibur Rahman Siddiquee made new Registrar General of SC
Latif Siddique, 15 others sent to jail in Anti-Terrorism Act case
Latif Siddique, 15 others sent to jail in Anti-Terrorism Act case
Salman F Rahman shown arrested in four ACC cases
Salman F Rahman shown arrested in four ACC cases
Trump withdraws Kamala Harris's Secret Service protection
Trump withdraws Kamala Harris's Secret Service protection
WASHINGTON, Aug 29, 2025 (BSS/AFP) - The Trump administration has withdrawn former vice president Kamala Harris's Secret Service security protection, a White House official said Friday. The administration terminated an extension approved by then-president Joe Biden for Harris, the defeated Democratic presidential candidate whose customary six-month period of protection as ex-VP ended July 21, CNN reported. A senior Harris aide told AFP that Harris was "grateful to the United States Secret Service for their professionalism, dedication, and unwavering commitment to safety." While she has kept a low profile since losing the election, Harris is scheduled to go on tour this fall to promote a book she has written on her failed presidential bid. This travel will force her to appear often in public. Harris's inside look at her short presidential run against Trump is titled "107 Days." The memoir, published by Simon & Schuster, will be released on September 23 in the United States. The first woman to serve as vice president of the United States, Harris became the Democratic nominee after Biden withdrew from the race amid concerns about his cognitive health. Harris said she wrote the book with "candor and reflection" and promised a "behind-the-scenes account" of the campaign. Since taking office in January, Trump has taken a number of measures against his perceived enemies and political opponents. He has stripped other officials and former officials of their security clearances, targeted law firms involved in past cases against him and pulled federal funding from universities. Last week, FBI agents raided the home and office of former national security advisor John Bolton, one of Trump's fiercest critics, in an investigation officials said was linked to classified documents.
If we can maintain our standard, we’ll win: Simmons
If we can maintain our standard, we’ll win: Simmons
SAFF U-17: Bangladesh play 1-1 draw with Bhutan 
SAFF U-17: Bangladesh play 1-1 draw with Bhutan 
Shamim Patwari unlikely to play first T20 against Netherlands
Shamim Patwari unlikely to play first T20 against Netherlands
Bangladesh start Asia Cup Hockey with defeat 
Bangladesh start Asia Cup Hockey with defeat 
We wouldn't be here if we didn't think we could win: Cook
We wouldn't be here if we didn't think we could win: Cook
Dipu resists as Bangladesh A trail by 160 runs 
Dipu resists as Bangladesh A trail by 160 runs 
CWAB election to be held for president post only
CWAB election to be held for president post only

Start Prayer Time

Date : 30 Aug, 2025
Old video circulated as recent footage over Sylhet's shopping mall looting: BanglaFact
Old video circulated as recent footage over Sylhet's shopping mall looting: BanglaFact
Indian video on murder being circulated as Bangladesh's incident: FactWatch 
Indian video on murder being circulated as Bangladesh's incident: FactWatch 
Asif Nazrul's old statement used to spread confusion: BanglaFact
Asif Nazrul's old statement used to spread confusion: BanglaFact
Video on arson at ex-MP Bahar's home misrepresented as Asif Nazrul's ancestral home: BanglaFact
Video on arson at ex-MP Bahar's home misrepresented as Asif Nazrul's ancestral home: BanglaFact
Russian composer Rodion Shchedrin dies aged 92: Bolshoi
Russian composer Rodion Shchedrin dies aged 92: Bolshoi
Globetrotting German director Herzog honoured at Venice festival
Globetrotting German director Herzog honoured at Venice festival
Venice Film Festival opens with star power, and Gaza protesters
Venice Film Festival opens with star power, and Gaza protesters
Songrampunji Waterfall in Jaflong shines during monsoon 
Songrampunji Waterfall in Jaflong shines during monsoon 
Nine cases of dengue, 56 cases of chikungunya reported in last 24 hrs in Ctg   
Nine cases of dengue, 56 cases of chikungunya reported in last 24 hrs in Ctg   
RMCH gets Tk 17cr life-saving Alteplase drug 
No new COVID-19 cases reported in 24 hours
Farmers busy cultivating Aman paddy in Bogura 
Farmers busy cultivating Aman paddy in Bogura 
No fertilizer crisis in Bangladesh: Agriculture Secretary
Jute prices surge at season start, boosting farmers' hopes
Char people's climate adaptation success can be replicated nationwide
Char people's climate adaptation success can be replicated nationwide
'Perfect storm': UK fishermen reel from octopus invasion
Brazil court restores Amazon-protecting soy moratorium